- This event has passed.
March 19, 2009 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Consumer Directed Health Care Certification Program
to download registration form and pay with a check
Consumer-directed health care options, including those for Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), have opened a wealth of opportunities for consumers. These opportunities have created new responsibilities for agents and brokers, and advising clients in these areas is more difficult and time-consuming than it has been in the past.
To address the new market options, NAHU has created a new CDHC certification course. Completion of this course will ensure a strong technical knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to various types of consumer-directed health care options and proven methods for communicating those options to employers and employees in a compelling way.
The new certification program in consumer-driven health care (CDHC) is a four-hour course that provides brokers with technical, actionable information they can use to help clients consider these fast-evolving plans and implement them successfully. The class is open to employers, as well. The certification will serve as a distinction for producers as credentialed experts in the sophisticated space of CDHC. Approved by states for insurance continuing education credits and powered by Great-West Healthcare, this course:
- Compares health reimbursement accounts (HRAs), health savings accounts (H S As), and other plan designs
- Considers current and projected adoption
- Presents comprehensive guidance on eligibility, contributions and all technical elements
- Provides two frameworks: one for selling CDHC and another for implementing CDHC which brokers may share with employers
- Suggests enrollment and communication strategies and tactics
- Involves class participants in breakout discussions on ways to implement specific, hypothetical cases
If you want to stand out among your peers and are looking for real education to improve your knowledge, this course is for you! Your clients depend on you, so make sure you have the answers.
The course is approved for four hours of insurnce continuing education credit and four hours of human resources credit in all 50 states. Certification will be provided following completion of the course and an online examination with a passing grade.