- This event has passed.
April 20, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Amcheck presenter and Principal , Scott Maichel will cover the following topics:
- How PEO’s position themselves in the market
- Proactive tips to insulate your book of business
- How to read a PEO proposal – step by step
- Partnering with PEO’s vs. Successfully defending and keeping the case for yourself
- New 2017 law which affects the PEO industry
- Q&A Session
Scott Maichel, CHRS
Scott has been in the Payroll and HR business for 24 years and is currently a Principal with AmCheck, a local boutique Payroll-HR services firm located in San Diego focused on small to mid sized companies.
Scott’s Credentials include:
- SDAHU member since 2012
- SDAHU Board member since 2013; Current Board position: Past President
- Received Certified Healthcare Reform Specialist designation (CHRS)
- Traveled to Washington DC 3-years in a row to lobby on behalf of benefit brokers
- Frequently speaks to broker and employer groups regarding payroll/HR industry trends and healthcare reform
- Over the past 10-years worked on 400+ “competitive cases” with local brokers to “win” against PEO’s
- Developed a proprietary process called the “PEO Transparency Analysis” which uncovers hidden fees in the PEO model
- Author of an on-going 10-year case study involving 400 San Diego employers who considered the PEOP model or used a PEO.
Scott volunteers his time with several Autism focused organizations including; Autism Speaks, The Autism Walk, The Music Therapy Center of California and Banding Together. Volunteer duties include working with special needs children and adults.
950 Hotel Circle North
San Diego 92108
Registration: 11:30 AM
SDAHU Business and Lunch: 12N
Speaker Presentation: 12:30 PM
Cost to Attend:
Member or First Time Guest: $20
*Prices increase $25 on April 17th